Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pretty Butterfly

OK, here it is!!! Sorry it took so long. I hope everything is clear. Enjoy!! Again, do what you want with the finished product. Do NOT sell the pattern. And please send pics!!! :)

And I used the magic ring in this pattern. I LOVE the magic ring. This was my first time using it and it was very easy to figure out. I got a tutorial from here, if you need one:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177269.0
















MY PRETTY AMIGURUMI BUTTERFLY

MATERIALS USED:

Worsted Weight Yarn in 6 assorted colours. I used lt blue (MC), lavender (A), purple (B), Black (C), Navy Blue (D), White (E). Small amounts of each.
Size G 4.0 crochet hook.

NOTES

DO NOT JOIN ROUNDS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

BODY INSTRUCTIONS

With MC, begin with a magic ring, sc 6 times.

Rnd 1: 2 sc in each st around. (12 sc)

Rnd 2: (Sc in first st, 2 sc in next st) around. (18 sc)

Rnd 3: (Sc in first 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around. (24 sc)

Rnd 4: (Sc in first 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around. (30 sc)

Rnd 5: (Sc in first 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around. (36 sc)

Rnd 6 - 10: Work even around. (36 sc)

Rnd 11: (Dec over fnext 2 sc, sc in next 4 sc) around. (30 sc)

Rnd 12: (Dec over next 2 sc, sc in next 3 sc)around. (24 sc)

Rnd 13: (Dec over next 2 sc, sc in next 2 sc) around. (18 sc)

Rnd 14 - 24: Work even around. (18 sc)

Stuff lightly. Continue stuffing as you work.

Rnd 25: (Dec over next 2 sc, sc in next sc) around (12 sc)

Rnd 26: Dec around. (6 sc)

Rnd 27: Dec around. (3 sc)

Rnd 28: Sl st in each sc around. Pull to close.

Fasten off.

EYES (make 2)

With D, make a magic ring, sc 4 times. Work 2 sc in each st around, changing to E in last st. (sc in
next st, 2 sc in next st) around, join with sl st to first st.

Fasten off with a long end for sewing.

EYELID

With MC,ch 7.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across. (6 sc)

Row 2: Ch 1, turn. Dec over first 2 sc, sc in next 2 sc, dec over last 2 sc. (4 sc)

Row 3: Ch 1, turn. Sc across. (4 sc)

Row 4: Ch 1, turn, sc across. DO NOT TURN. Working in ends of rows, 3 sc evenly across. 2 sc in first ch of foundation row, sc across to last ch, 2 sc in last ch. Work 3 sc evenly across ends of rows. Join with sl st to first sc.

Fasten off with long end for sewing.

ANTENNA (make2)

With MC, ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across.

Fasten off, with a long end for sewing.

WINGS

TOP WING (make 2)

With A, ch 4.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Hdc in next ch. (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in last ch. Working on opposite end of foundation ch, hdc in next ch, 2 sc in same ch as first sc. Sl st to join.

Fasten off A

Row 2: With B, join in bottom sc with a sc. Sc in each of next 3 sts. (Sc, hdc) in next st. (Dc, tr, dc) in next st. (Hdc, sc) in next st. Sc in next 3 sts. 2 sc in same st as beginning sc. Join with sl st to first sc.

Fasten off B.

Row 3: With C, Join with sc to bottom sc. Sc in next 6 sts. 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st. Sc in lnext 6 sts. 2 sc in same st as beginning sc. Join with sl st.

Row 4: Ch 2, dc in same st. Dc in next 4 sts. 2 tr in each of next 13 sts. Dc in next 4 sts. Ch 1, work 5 sc evenly across ends of rows. Join with sl st to first dc.

Fasten off.

BOTTOM (make 2)

With B, make a magic ring, work 4 sc.

Row 1: 2 sc in each st arounf. (8sc)

Row 2: (sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around. (12 sc)

Fasten off B

Row 3: Join C with sc in any st.(Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next st) around. (16 sc)

Row 4: (Sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st) around. (20 sc)

Row 5: (Sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around. (24 sc)

Row 6: (Sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around. (28 sc)

Fasten off.

Sew all pieces on as desired. My wings in the back are not touching. No, I'll rephrase that. The top and bottom of each wing overlap, but the left and right wings do not touch. However, I just did it how I liked it and you can do it however you like. ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love this!!!! Thank you for posting the pattern for it. I am new to Ami, but always looking for new patterns.

Dragonflymom said...

I am going to try to make this today sometime, and will post on my blog and let you know as well.........You did a great job with this..........it is sooo cute.

Anonymous said...

thank you ! I like it !

Anonymous said...

I've tried this three times and I've never gotten past the wings. No matter what I do, it doesn't come out right, the count of sts is off somehow.

I reallllyyyy want to make this for my granddaughter and maybe I'll fudge the wings to get it done.

Thanks for a beautiful butterfly!

mama24boyz said...

MaineKnitter, I'll look through it again tonight and see if theres any way I can help you. I know a couple of people have already made it, but I would be glad to help. Please email me directly at mama24boyz@yahoo.ca and we'll see what we can do!!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks! Do you have the same name over on Crochetville? I'm there, too as "MainelyCrafty". I am going to try the pattern again this morning, since I have to have this done by Friday a.m. - it's Monday a.m. right now. I'll email you or PM on the 'ville when I get to the part I never get right.

I really appreciate your help. I kept thinking "Well, others have made it and apparently it comes out right", but for some reason the wing isn't coming out right for me, although I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong.

MaineKnitter
mainely4knitting@yahoo.com

craftybegonia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craftybegonia said...

Very cute! It would also look pretty as part of the pillows of a little girl's bed.
http://www.craftybegonia.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am also having trouble with the wings. I am not understanding the instructions very well. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jackie